being a couch potato has its perks

The wind has been whipping through the gorge, knocking branches down and squelching my plans to go for a long walk today. I could brave the gym, but my workout partner is packing for Disneyland, and going alone just stinks. Without distractions, I am bound to stare at the clock the entire time, suffering a slow death.

Today is a perfect day for yoga.

[I brought along some fine actors, to aid in the reenactment.]
pink barbie
(Pink-haired Barbie was a total diva; she was fired. I'm sure I'll be hearing from her union.)


I pulled out my mat. Put on a DVD and....
eagle
yogini
(I don't recall smiling.)


oops

whoa, whoa, aaaaagggghhhhh

corpse pose
fell to the ground.

Oops.

Zack + Dusting with Pledge = Treacherous Yoga Studio

I have a new strategy for tomorrow:

my kind of exercise

I think stretching my fingers over the remote has got to count for something.

*****

Comments

flutter said…
I do too, I think it's called like downward facing commercial or something
Hee hee...what a creative post!
I'm so glad it is working now - please say it is working.

It got all wonky and wrong.
where do you workout? I will be walking at the Firstenburg Center tonight (thursday) if you want to join me.
katydidnot said…
where on earth did that little perfect size remote come from??
Mrs. G. said…
OK, this is the kind of post that keeps me coming back. The pledge comment was hysterical...I know exactly what you mean.
stephanie said…
BRILLIANT, you!

Hey guess what - I've 'volunteered' (I get sub pay) to sit in with the yoga class tomorrow morning because the teacher will be out. HA! I only have to push "play" on the DVD player with a precise, calm finger movement. Joy.
Daisy said…
What a fantastic post!!! I loved the "lovely assistants" you used.

I tried Yoga for about a week. I felt horribly out of place and my classmates, even after a year of doing the exercises, didn't look all that great... so I figured, heck, I might as well be a couch potato if I'm gonna end up looking the same.

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Oz, and he says women (especially) need to lift weights to maintain muscle mass (such that it is).
Scribbit said…
Hey I recognize that "exalted warrior" pose! I love my yoga-lates though I'm not exactly that flexible.
SusieJ said…
I would love to be able to bend like that. I think we've hit the wall and we're moving forward. We can make it to the end of the month -- I know we can!! I haven't figured out how to do it, but I want to invite you as my friend in the ning thing. So, if you figure it out before me, invite me. I won't "decline" you.
Linda said…
I wrote a post about your pink haired assistant's pose - http://straightupandslightlydirty.blogspot.com/2007/11/warrior-woman-vera-vedrasna.html - now SHE could have a name like Vera...

Popular Posts