railing against the daylight (where's my savings?)

The time change isn't agreeing with me. No 'I' statements here; it's all the clock's fault.

I'll own Friday's late night with the kids, post-hockey game that threw their tender bodies into chaos. They slept in Saturday, just in time for the springing forward and further sleeping in on Sunday.

See the pattern? Even my Human Alarm Clock is struggling; Greg is lugging himself out of bed around 4:30 or 5 which by my calculations means he is working in the middle of the night now.

And paying $3.67 to fill the tank before he drives all over our little corner of the world.

(I feel a case of the Mondays coming on.)

My trusty CBS News Sunday Morning reassured me that our family needs more sleep and I'm on board, epecially for Greg's sake, if I could figure out how to pull it off. How do you manage, dear readers?

Comments

John-Michael said…
Let's see here ... you asked "How do you manage, dear readers?" Hmmmm. Here's what I'll do. Tomorrow morning, around 2AM when my stupid, uncooperative, frustrating (yes! I am unhappy! can you tell?) body clock wakes me a full hour BEFORE the alarm goes off at 3 (which is obscene enough as a 'norm'), I will consider your "How do you manage, dear readers?" and ask myself "Well Dummy ... just how ARE you managing?!

Then I will probably sit down with my coffee and PB&J, and compose some poetry or a thought that may (or may not) get posted on the blog. Then go to work.

Doesn't sound like I'm your guy for the management solution. Sorry!
I accidentally stay up too late, curse the time, fall into a fitful sleep, am wakened 2-3 times a night by a needy toddler, then finally crawl out of bed at about 8am, the kids having been up for an hour watching movies and elbowing me accidentally in the face during the last hour of my "sleep."

Yeah...time for some changes.
Amy said…
I know, right? DST rocked our world over here, too. The Poo slept until 9 a.m. (!) and therefore, so did I!

The sad part? I could have slept all the livelong day.
K. said…
I struggle with this one every year, too. Eventually, after a zombie-ish week or two and lots of grumbling, things fall back into place because they must.
lapoflux said…
This year the time change coincides with March Break in our house.
So all that unsettled/what time is it/cranky stuff?
At home all day with me.
Oh well, at least we weren't trying to get out the door for school this morning ;-)
How was the hockey game??
We had a great time at the game; Greg loves hockey. (His Dad's Canadian. He grew up with it.)

And the kids loved cheering/squealing/running amok.

Thanks for asking.
Amanda said…
I ache for sleep...imagine the ache when this new one comes along. ((whimpering))
This Girl said…
I never minded the time change until I had kids. The were so tired this morning they wouldn't even eat their breakfast.
stephanie said…
Bah, my whole world - self, kids, students - are in a state. Curse you, DST! I'm shaking my virtual fist.

I have no solution, best friend o'mine, but thanks for pretending I might. :)
flutter said…
I live in AZ, we rebel against the DST
Mrs. G. said…
I'm on day two of lousy sleep. I'm sick, but I still blame dlst.
JCK said…
Sleep...ah..yes, never enough. Especially when one blogs and reads other blogs and such.

Popular Posts