it's all in my head, it's all in my head

I woke up several times last night, with a sore throat I kept dismissing as allergies. Or dryness. Because I am all about denial.

I'm teetering folks, about to take The Flu Plunge.

My Mama brain is doing the math:

We are T-minus 5 days to Easter at my place, and then Zack's birthday followed by Lexi's. Can I recover, just in time? Yes, I sure hope so. But WHAT IF Zack gets it. That boy's been counting down since the day after Christmas for the big day....

Do I a) Lysol every surface, between drool-infused napping? or b) Lick Zack's face, when he walks through the door, and get it over with?

I think this means I've lost my mind, calculating weird sickness math.

Maybe it's the fever...

And please remind me not to sign the kids up for activities with strict attendance rules, while Greg is on the road.

I'm not up for hard core mothering today.

Comments

Oh hun...ouch! Hope it really is all in your head and this is just a yucky dream you're soon going to wake from. ~hugs~ Feel better!
Anonymous said…
Just lick the boy and get it over with.

Hope it is quick.

-Stu
Suzanne said…
Oh crap... I agree with Stu. if you try to ward it off, it will just linger longer. Just get it over with.
K. said…
I don't think you can blame your weird math on sickness, I think that's pure Mom. I hope it adds up in your favor and you get well quick!
Lori said…
Lick him like a Popsicle! Although we are hoping to be done with this flu crap by Easter, and to come to your house, I would rather you all be well when you visit the mouse in a couple of weeks.

Lick...lick...welcome to the flu...it sucks.
Anonymous said…
start guzzling water, tea, juice, etc NOW.
flutter said…
Oh hell baby....
lapoflux said…
If you didn't live so far away I could just send Stu to lick Zack (since he proved his propensity for sharing his germy saliva this morning) ;-)

Hang in there - and yeah, lick the boy. Get it over with.

Hope you are feeling better and that a flu given with love goes away faster!
Spagirl said…
Oh, Mama! I know this is your crazy time of year and not the best time to be getting sick. I hope it all works out and you feel better soon!!!

Popular Posts