day of rest

I heard the door brush open, before sunrise. I could feel little eyes peering in, watching me. And though I desperately wanted to stay put, I braced myself for the day, like any other morning.

Then the door closed again and I woke up after eight.

I came down the stairs and there they were, painting window catchers, laughing and carrying on.

Those early morning hours were followed by the customary sibling dissension; it was short lived.

But getting to sleep in, well, that was a treat - sweet, sweet Sabbath.

Comments

flutter said…
Sounds heavenly.
Jennifer S said…
Sounds wonderful. Can you give my children some sort of seminar?
Oh how lovely! You lucky, lucky, girl...
Mrs. G. said…
Yes, extra sleep is heavenly. Glad you got some.
Christi said…
That little glimmer of hope will help me get up tomorrow...it's only a season, it's only a season.
katydidnot said…
sleep in? is that your april fool's joke?

Popular Posts