look Mom, no tears

Greg and the school-bound kiddos
Greg was home for the big day.

The neighborhood is quiet now. School is now in session. Lexi was dragging her feet, but finally got out the door. Zack was wired, ready to eat lunch at school - and don't forget the three recesses. This is key.

I was prepared for an emotional outburst, but we were all just fine. Not a tear was shed.

They were ready. I was ready.

I took Greg to pick up his rental car (his is in the shop), and I traipsed around Barnes & Noble, making a list of books I'd like to read the fall.

I think I could get used to this.

Technorati Tags:, , , ,

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a fabulous picture! No tears here either. Part of me feels bad that I'm not as emotional as perhaps I should be. However, I think we were all ready for today. I have to admit, it's awfully quiet around here...but I'm not complaining!

T
Daisy said…
Ohhhhh, I think there will definitely be tears for me. My firstborn hits KINDERGARTEN tomorrow! My son is 3 1/2 and goes to preschool so that "sorta" counts, but not really. I'll, of course, post pictures of my darling sweetheart in her uniform. I think I will definitely cry.
Anonymous said…
3 recesses was on Zack's mind when he and Lexi came over yesterday. It got mentioned along with getting to eat lunch at school. Hope the joy lasts.
CamiKaos said…
K has a meeting with her kindergarten teacher in an hour and 20 minutes but school won't start for her until Monday.

Oh, I don't know that we will be tear free in the Kaos house, but I have to have something to strive for...
This Girl said…
No tears, wow, I really wish that I knew what that was. My son cried the whole first week of school!
Suzanne said…
Way to be brave! I almost cried this morning because my son WASN'T leaving for school...(By the way, I've been checking out your flickr pics and you are one cute, photogenic chick!)

Popular Posts