For those I frightened, a public service announcement

Now that I went all Chicken Little on you (you know, the sky is falling and it is chock-full of neurotoxin), I wanted to conclude the lightbulb chatter with just a few things:
  • Click here if you need to dispose of a broken bulb, or in our case, charred bulb. (It also states here that CFL are required to be self-extinguishing.)

  • Come here when you need to dispose of a bulb, be it now or when it finally burns out when you are footing the kids' college education.

  • And to learn more about mercury and bulbs, here's a study for your consideration.

Now we can resume our natural blogging lives. Carry on. In the dark.

Comments

Daisy said…
Thank you for the links. I recently switched out every bulb in our home to these energy saving bulbs (no, our PG&E bill did NOT go down) but it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside knowing I'm doing something good for the environment (until that is, I read about the mercury! can we never win?)
katydidnot said…
thank goodness that's over. caring about the earth was distracting from our blogtastic bloggerific blogfest. let the blogging continue!

Popular Posts