wishful thinking


The pencil that scandalized a household. (We don't say 'shut up' at our house - foul words, yes - but not 'shut up'. It's rude.)

I picked this up at Wordstock. It makes me smile every time I see it.

(And it sure beats the 'shut-up-and-clean-your-house-on-the-market-that-hasn't-seen-a-buyer-in-weeks-after-another-field-trip-in-the-pouring-rain' pencil.)

(And at the risk of filling my parentheses quota for the month, I must say that I have been surprised by all the field trips too, but I guess we are fitting in our science requirements for our state's standardized testing early in the year, requirements that used to be fed by the recently cancelled outdoor school. This one's artsy, right up my alley: The fourth and fifth grade classes are marching down the road, to our high school's production of Witches this afternoon. I can't wait.)

Comments

Mrs. G. said…
I think I'm going to order a box of those pencils.
Saucy said…
We also don't say SHUT UP around here. Foul words, hell yes. Shut up, never.
My pencil just says 'shut up'. :)

I LOVE IT!
Shana said…
Love it. Maybe I should hit up Lillian Vernon and order some custom pencils that say "Log off and clean your house" or "Turn off Mad Men and do your proofreading."
K. said…
We are the exact same way with "Shut up." "Stupid" was forbidden for a long while as well.

Have fun at your field trip!
lapoflux said…
I need a variety pack of those - shut up & do the laundry, shut up and make time for yourself...
Shut up is also verboten in our house... though Stu picked up "shut your trap" somewhere and had to have it explained that it is even worse than shut up. But he knows the foul words... apparently he learned them from his dad ;-)
I wish I had been smart enough to institute the "no shut up" rule here oh about 15 years ago. It's all my teens say to each other. Sigh...
JCK said…
I like that pencil. Thinking good thoughts on the perfect buyer coming to your house!

Popular Posts