sensible center

I heard the phrase a couple of weeks ago, another term for us independents, often scoffed at and silly in such a hot race.

I don't belong to either party. I'm egregiously liberal in some respects; surprisingly conservative in others, and though neither party has captured my allegiance, democracy makes me heart race.

I believe that leadership may be crucial, but action begins in my backyard.

I believe in being the people and the country I want my kids to inherit. I believe our finest years are ahead of us because despite all the crap, we can be an amazing, good people.

I am heading to the drop off early this morning, our ballots in hand, hopeful we will get it right, right about now, when it counts.

Comments

Saucy said…
In spite of my post yesterday, I would consider myself an independent as well. Did you know that in Canada we have a three-party system? It's wonderful. Right, middle, left. We've got it all, baby.
brandy101 said…
I am the same way. Sometimes I feel like a political orphan - esp in past elections when I was really voting *against* the other guy than for someone I supported. I am so glad to not only support, but be involved with not one but two campaigns this year. I have 2 yard signs on my lawn: one for a democrat(President) and one for a republican (congressional race). I am proud to be independent!
Anonymous said…
It is a breath of fresh air to read your blog and know there are clear minded people still out there. You are making a difference.
lapoflux said…
Well phrased. Glad the insanity will be over, one way or another, for a little while.

In our own backyard. Yup.
Jennifer S said…
I love how you said all of this. So articulate and smart.
Madge said…
i claim to be a democrat, but i think it's a lot more complicated than that for me......
Nora said…
The way you describe being an independent makes me think that maybe I'm one too...

Popular Posts