the finale

If I weren't posting daily, I'd skip writing this today, and I'd come back after the words had been simmering on low for a spell. But it's the last day of NaBloPoMo and so you get me in the middle of a migraine.

It's not the recipe for writing well.

I should have known it was coming this morning, carrying over from the night before, when simple Christmas carols at church did me in. My left eye kept discreetly crying quiet tears that I could not rein in. Even my daughter teased me; I didn't know her class had crept up on the balcony, with the adults during the Advent season. I love that she heard about the wells being drilled in Liberia. I love that she heard it from more than my mouth. But as we left she did a perfect imitation of my tear blotting, on the left side only, and I had to laugh. My girl had me pegged.

(I'll try to fill you in on Living Water International this week - the group my church has partnered with - and the work we are entering into with the city of Portland for high school drop-outs, as I get to it this week. But I'm in bad shape right now.)

So I opted for a nap this afternoon or at least to rest a bit (still can't lie/lay down) while my kids kept asking if I was ready to decorate our tree. How about now? Um, now?

I finally gave up.

I'm up. My head hurts and my heart hurts but in a good way. The way that reminds me how rich and sweet my life is; how fortunate I am.

And I guess that's how we'll sum up this month of posts: Grateful and teary and little worn out but ready for good things to come.

I'm waiting, arms open wide.

Comments

congrats on making it to the finish line! so sorry about your migraine. hope its a shortie.
Shana said…
I'm sorry about your migraine. Very few things suck more than a migraine. Congrats on 30 posts in 30 days : )
Jennifer S said…
I join Cheri in saying Brava! I'm on my feet applauding.

And passing the Advil Migraine your way, too. Ouch.
Jodi Anderson said…
I took part in NaBloPoMo in 2006 and 2007, but skipped this year. I think that I've enjoyed it even more as an observer/reader than as a writer
lapoflux said…
Congratulations on making it!!

Hope the head is better today. Rest dear one.
Kristen Courter said…
Lisa,
Let me know about the HS drop-out ministry (sounds like a song from a musical should accompany)...
I think it might be a good volunteering-fit for me.
Saucy said…
My mother suffers migraines, I've had a few. Awful things. I can remember seeing my mom's aura come over her as well... as a kid, I was the only person in the house who took care of her! I have a wonderful dad, but he didn't get it... at all. Feel better.
~Swankymama said…
Wow! You did it!!

I hope you are feeling better.

I love your blog!
Nora said…
Congrats! We did it!
JCK said…
That's what I love about your writing. You do have arms wide open.

I so feel for you on the migraine. They are so vicious.

Can't wait to hear about those projects you alluded to in this post.

Oh, and congrats on making it through 30 posts in 30 days!
holly said…
posting daily? mad! madness!

migraine? posting? double madness!

but i'm glad one headache is over for you, and hope the more physical headache leaves soon!
I hope you're feeling better today.

xoxo
Erika said…
i know i am way behind... sorry... hope you are feeling better! I know we are goin to get some yummy drinks soon or walk walk walk. Talk soon! next week after ear infections, etc :)

Popular Posts