my people

When my Mom called out sick Friday, I knew I was going to have to dig deep for alternatives.

Zack was particularly glum, losing a weekend with his grandparents, so he invited one of his very best friends over to play Saturday morning, while I cleaned the house and applied for menial jobs online.

(More on that later.)

It seemed like a just solution, especially considering he tromped around IKEA for hours with four generations of his women kin the weekend before.

They played Star Wars, the video game, and Star Wars, pretend like I am choking you ala Vader, and ran around the backyard yipping and yowling.

When it came time for lunch, they walked in, arm in arm, and Zack wished aloud that Dominic was his cousin, cousin being top billing in Zack's world. (Just ask Austin.)

Dominic stopped and said something that really sums up how I feel whenever I turn to my Google Reader or walk into church or stop by for a cocktail on a late Friday afternoon at my friends' house:

You are my people.

And that really makes life sweet indeed.

Comments

Mrs. G. said…
We all need our peeps, right. Everything else is just details.
lapoflux said…
Dominic sounds like someone you want to keep around.
flutter said…
oh completely sweet.
Madge said…
very sweet. mrs. g said it just right...
Shana said…
That Dominic is a smart cookie. No wonder your boy likes him.
Nora said…
Smart boy you got there!
Jodi Anderson said…
Awww, sweeeeeet. And, yes, I feel that way when I read my peeps too. :)
Stu said…
You are good people. Stephanie and Jen can always use a visit on Friday afternoons :)
Lori said…
I am happy that my boys are in fact really *the cousins*. They're lucky kiddos.

Popular Posts