moving forward and sitting still

I wrote this yesterday. I am committed to raising my word count today before my mammogram this afternoon. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. *L

*****

I am watching my 4 year old neighbor glide down the wet pavement in his red boots, grinding what wet leaves are left into paste while his dad patiently strides behind him.

That Eddie, is a good father. It's not even 4 pm, and daylight is fading and up and down, he follows his boy while I actively avoid writing.

I've been busy, active, on the move. Parades, plays and literary festivals. When I am moving, I don't worry.

Sitting at the computer gives me time to dwell on tomorrow's appointment and my google fingers get twitchy.

At least until now. Today, I'm feeling calm and I'm able to get back to my never neverland, a fictional town found only in my mind's eye. A private map.

I hear Lincoln logs clinking above me - a reprieve from the day's bickering - and there's tea on the stove.

I might be behind, but I've decided to stay with this nano pledge and see it through, chasing behind a story ten steps ahead of me.

Comments

Will be thinking of you this afternoon.
lapoflux said…
I'm power humming for you... and praying.
You create such powerful images with your words.

I will be buying your first book someday.

Praying for you as well. ~hugs~
lapoflux said…
And good job on hanging on to the whole nano thing, that must be daunting!
San Diego Momma said…
Thinking of you. Please update soon.
Mrs. G. said…
Hugs, kisses, ass kicks, hair ruffling and all that other stuff that indicates affection.
Shana said…
If you can stick to your nano pledge, you can do ANYTHING. You are in my thoughts.
Madge said…
best of luck. take care of yourself.
flutter said…
love you babe, holding your hand in spirit
Jennifer S said…
I've been thinking about you today.
Nora said…
Good for you, getting a mammogram!

Popular Posts