First the award:
Rumor has it I can share the joy, and bestow it on you. But not today. I'm up to meme-ing and that's about it. Your day will come.
8 things I am passionate about: (See how I just jumped straight to the meme? No transition in sight...I think my brain is broken with holiday cheer.)
- Greg and Lexi and Zack. I never knew I would love being a wife & mother, the way I do.
- my extended family - we are small in numbers, big on sticking together
- my friends that feel like family
- writing, words
- spiritual things (I don't know how else to phrase it. For me, this includes: going to a church I love, going on quiet walks, listening to passionate music, doing yoga, prayer & having coffee with friends.)
- cooking & baking
- art - photography, paint, beads, paper. I need to make time for it in 2008
8 things I want to do before I die:
- grow old with Greg (sorry Cami, I took this straight from you)
- know my kids, see them grow strong & happy
- publish a novel, perhaps I should write it first, no?
- go to Vermont, to see the foliage
- go back to school
- I must not be very ambitious, I'm struggling with this list
- Sometimes I think I would love to give one sermon, use that education I got years ago
- Most times I know I don't; I am right where I am supposed to be.
8 things I say often:
- "What are you doing?" Yes, this is the first thing I say on the phone. Because I am rude.
- "Oosshie bookiee..." When something is too precious it's the sound I make. I can't spell it. It's often used in a snarky way (see also: mocking). Now my hubs & kids do it.
- "Do you know I love you?" Lexi just added this one for me.
- "You're my best boy/girl." Have they figured out they are my only boy/girl? Sure. They still like it.
- "My eyeballs will bleed." This phrase explains to my kids why I can't watch certain movies with them. It's also used to plead for the bickering to stop.
- "Chop chop chicken" Lexi also reminded me of this one. It's a call to move it.
- "Stop it, Sophie." Our dog hates me. She whines outside, I bring her in. She whines in the house, I let her out. But I'm more likely to beg her to stop.
- "Remember that one time on Buffy?" Ok, I don't say that specifically but I reminisce a little too much about the slayer. I'm one step away from attending conferences.
8 books I read recently:
- When We Get There - debut by Shauna Seliy. I love reading first time novelists.
- Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World - Isa Chandra Moskowitz. So pretty, so lovely, so edible.
- Holidays on Ice: Stories, on CD - David Sedaris. Dear David, I love you.
- Spunk & Bite - Arthur Plotnik. Me wants to write good.
- The Used World - Haven Kimmel.
- Gaining: The Truth about Life After Eating Disorders - Aimee Lui.
- Take This Bread: A Radical Conversion - Sara Miles.
- Watercolor magazine. It's time I pick up a paintbrush again.
8 songs I could listen to over & over again:
- Old, mournful hymns. They speak to me and make me sound like I'm 80.
- River, by Joni Mitchell
- Badmotorfinger, Soundgarden (entire CD)
- Whip-Smart, Liz Phair (entire CD, w/o little Milton ears around. Reminds me of my early 20s.
- Keith Green. Most passionate, hippy Christian around. His songs make me cry.
- We Got the Beat, Go-Gos. It's my inner 10 year old. She also likes 'Mickey'.
- I got nothing. I like a wide range of songs. I am failing.
- Oh, how about Ave Maria? My favorite Christmas song.
8 things that attract me to my best friends:
- sense of humor
8 people who should totally do this meme: (when holiday cheer doesn't make their "eyeballs bleed")
Mama Milton's meme policy: If you want to play along, please do. If you don't & wish I would stop tagging you already, I understand. I'm easy like a Sunday morning. Which is often a ridiculous statement at my house, but the sentiment stands. You likey Memey, you do. You not likey, you tell me.