www.flickr.com

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Summer kickoff

The boys headed out for the coast this morning for a barbeque and Subaru joy with Greg's car cronies. Zack was feeling all manly, going somewhere, just with Dad. He only screamed briefly (dropping his manliness altogether) when confronted with a bee while packing up, and came inside to read the Magic School Bus Inside a Beehive, to soothe his mind. Which is exactly what I do when something scares the bejeebus out of me or worries me - I research it until I know all there is to know about it. It gives me a (false) sense of control. Anything for some peace of mind.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Lexi and I are headed to the mall to buy her some shorts and sandals. I need to stop feeding this one; she grows too quickly. My sister is still in California, so I can't pick her brain for shopping suggestions. She is the designated fashionista in the family and so adores the mall. I haven't been back since Santa 2006. It's not my natural habitat.

I hope to find some appropriate, yet hip, girly stuff for my nine year-old. I also hope to bring about world peace.

A girl's gotta dream.

Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Oh, The Joys said...

Have a great weekend!

Mimi Lenox said...

Many bloggers, including WW participants, will be flying Peace Globes in the blogosphere on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. It is BlogBlast for Peace day - the second annual event. Please consider using your Wordless Wednesday platforms on this day to participate. You can find more information about the movement at Mimi Writes or BlogBlast for Peace
http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com or http://mimilenox.blogspot.com

Thanks and peace!
Mimi

SusieJ said...

So that's what it's like to have another girl around the house!!! But, I too, avoid the mall at all costs. Tried the wet socks, by the way, last night -- awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great shopping trip - so sad that I was gone on vacation, as I would have LOVED to come to the mall with the girls. Oh well...maybe you'll go with me before we see Santa again this year (or maybe not). :)

Your sissy - Lori