ass project '08, gaining momentum

I haven't forgotten my pledge, my quest to lose some weight, and more importantly, to me, gain my health back.

I managed to walk some while in Bermuda and if dancing into the wee hours of the morning counts, I put in some time on my vacation, but I knew when I returned I'd need to hit the real dance floor again.

(We didn't exactly lift weights in the nightclub.)

Sadly, my little jazz hands were grounded. I was sidelined by first the flu, and then a sinus infection.

But I haven't given up.

I've been working out again, despite a sore back (whether this speaks to my determination or folly is yet to be seen) and when I took my measurements again a couple of days ago, I had lost 1/2" off my hips.

me & the kids

Greatest reward, this week: Big spike in energy levels. Maybe there's some truth to all this talk about endorphins.

Comments

I was going to curl up and die but you've inspired me. I'm going to go work out instead.

And -then- I'll curl up and die. =)
Mrs. G. said…
Go Lisa, Go Lisa, Go Lisa!!!!!
Madge said…
i've been trying too. i sure could sure use the extra energy right about now.....

keep it up.
Shana said…
Half an inch is awesome! Jealous.
flutter said…
you are gorgeous.
JCK said…
That's fantastic! I also recommend lots of sex. Just sayin...
katydidnot said…
yay you. i'm all over the ass project. dancing counts.
I so want to do the measurement thing. So I can see a difference there, maybe, hopefully. The scales simply WILL NOT BUDGE. Nor will my determination to eat more calories than I could possibly burn off exercising. sigh.
stephanie said…
I enjoyed the dipping of my toe into your wacky world of exercise on Wednesday...

You are a rock star, my friend.
Way to go!! I love this ass project 08!
holly said…
awesome!!!!

yay for the endorphins! they are my favorite of the phins!

i need to look up what the ass project is...it sounds good.

Popular Posts