I usually balk at this stuff

My sister often sends those 'getting to know you' emails. You answer the questions and are supposed to forward the questionnaire to everybody you know. I never do. Not once. I also don't like those chain letters, or recipe exchanges, or book trades. I am no fun.

But I did respond this once to her Christmas email. It was the implication that I am scrooge and not very nice if I don't participate that broke me. He sees me when I am sleeping, ya know. I couldn't take any chances. Here's my answers if you feel so inclined.

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay,
here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!Just copy
(do not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can
send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a
whole bunch of people you know, *INCLUDING* the person that sent it to you.
'Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Reuse bags and decorative boxes--less fuss and muss

2. Real tree or artificial? We like fake trees; nasty allergies in play here

3. When do you put up the tree? Some time between thanksgiving and the 15th

4. When do you take the tree down? Around Greg's birthday, Jan. 2nd

5. Do you like eggnog? No eggs for me, see #2

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was a teenager when I received an encyclopedia set. I'm a nerd; I loved it.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a hand carved one from Peru. There are llamas and extra children in attendance.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Anyone over 20 is tough.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Zack. He likes everything. He'd be thrilled with undies for Christmas.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail cards and newsletters.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My grandparents got me a little funhouse mirror when I was little. It made me feel ugly and mad. I ended up getting in trouble for being such an ingrate, so I really remember this gift.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Huge sucker for It's a Wonderful Life. Always cry. I also like watching Christmas Vacation, Simon Birch & Elf.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Just depends-usually done 2 weeks before Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not yet.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Does Bailey's and coffee count? I love gussied up rice krispie treats called scotcharoos.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? No set plan. I like the new retro big lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Ave Maria by Chris Cornell (lead singer from Soundgarden and Audioslave). Beautiful vocals.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are heading to Jacksonville, Oregon to see Greg's family the week before Christmas. Then it's off to Sandy, Oregon on Christmas Day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yep.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Big white shiny star.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We have always celebrated our Mom's birthday on Christmas Eve. It's a busy week!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Staying healthy (no cluster headaches) and dealing with crazy drivers.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I just like collecting the memories.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I like the traditional food, but wouldn't mind trying some ethnic traditions too. Greg grew up with big Italian christmas dinners--lots of handmade pasta. Sounds fun.

Ta da.

Comments

Popular Posts