This side of Retail

I have clocked more hours shopping this week than in the last six months, neigh, perhaps in all of 2006. (I like new, shiny things as much as the next person, I just am not a big shopper. I don't love malls.) We shopped every day of our trip--in Medford, Jacksonville and Ashland. I got home and realized we needed food, so the kids and I went grocery shopping. After behaving well all week, their grouchy sides emerged. They just wanted to play at home. I was right there with them. I usually like going to Trader Joe's and checking out stuff, tasting goodies and coffee. But it chaotic out there ladies and gents. Crazy.

Today we went to the mall to finish shopping for my Mom's birthday and for Greg. We also needed to see Santa. I was honestly filled with dread. But after waiting 1.5 hours, the kids came away with a big smiles. They were thrilled. It took another 20 minutes to get out of said mall's parking lot, but who's counting, right?

I think we are done. I feel done. And if we missed anything, there's always the customary New Year's gift. What?

Comments

Popular Posts