a cup of sugar

My son has been standing on a chair for the better half of the afternoon, courting a new friend in the yard behind ours. He intermittently runs football plays for her - sure to impress any 9 year old girl - giving his sister a chance to saddle up to the fence for some much needed company as well.

Tomorrow or maybe the next, I will make my way to their front porch, like a proper adult and introduce myself and invite their kids to play with mine, one yard to rule them all.

Tonight, I will watch from my window, as my kids toss seeds over slated wood, hoping a friendship blooms.

Comments

Here's hoping for new friendships all around!
Shana said…
I have no doubt your two darlings will have charmed half their classmates into bosom buddies within a week's time.
stephanie said…
Sweetness.

I only wished I lived in your neighborhood to partake of the fun. <3
Anonymous said…
Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
exactly the same in the past? Keep up the great work!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at mamamilton.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Peter
You three will quickly put down roots there and flower!

Those of us in your old stomping ground are quite sad about the transplanting. We love and miss you lots!

Popular Posts