rest

It's the first day in weeks that I've had a day more or less to myself. I've been plotting, greedy for these hours of solitude, this introvert's balm.

I should be cleaning, writing, napping, reading...

Yet, I am restless and a bit lonely, which makes no sense at all because I have been Ms. Social this year.

I have made new friends, and reached out to old vintage ties that have stood the test of time. I don't take my friendships and family for granted; there was a time when the kids were young when I lived on my own private island, tucked away and desperately lonesome.

But Greg has been working long hours and with the kids gone, the house is too quiet. Even Courtney has curled up in her crate, snoring away the afternoon, ignoring my call.

Something tells me this will pass, but I've been living out of balance for a while now, saying yes when I really have been exhausted.

Something tells me a little down time, a little rest might be what the doctor ordered.

Comments

enjoy the solitude or call me if you get too bored.
Karen Jensen said…
May you find balance and happiness.
Why when I find myself alone, finally, to I wander around the house and wish for noise? BC we are moms? I don't know. But I hear you.
Lori said…
Yes, I agree...a quiet house is a little odd. I swear that when I vacuum (and yes, that is often!), I hear the boys yelling for me - calling my name...but they aren't. It must be the hum of the vacuum...or I'm a little crazy! Maybe both. :)
I love your new color scheme and look. So pretty!

Our bodies and minds tell us when we need rest. So rest, lovely Lisa, by all means.

Are you rested enough now? I want to play with you soon! Or at least sit together and enjoy the sunshine. My yard, iced tea, next week? :-)
Beck said…
A little downtime is often needed, even if we don't quite want it. I could use a solitary retreat right now, personally!
lapoflux said…
I find I spend hours wishing for some peace and then when I get it I am lost... is this all part of being a mother?

Hope you are feeling rested!

Popular Posts