I wanna be a real blogger

I was tagged today by Shelly at This Eclectic Life - my first meme. At once, I feel so validated and real - I am no longer a marionette blogger. Then again, there is the pressure. I am sure with careful examination many of the world's woes can be traced back to the times I failed to forward inane email messages; dropped the ball on chain mail dating back to the 80s. But this is a great way to push blogs on y'all so onward I go.

With no further delay, I present you with some blogs that have made me think, caused me to ponder. Check 'em out!

First up, Stephanie at Bad Mom. Yes, she is a real life friend that tempts me with chips and PTA, but she also writes a thoughtful, funny blog in its own right. (Make sure you click on her Flickr account - she is a world traveler-type.)

Next, check out Chicken and Cheese, by Mrs. Chicken. I always am touched by her honest essays about raising Poo - no false words here.

Then there is Jennifer of Creative Outlets Lab. I am proud to say I've known Jennifer since high school, when we were in a youth group together. Prepare to be blown away by her business smarts and savvy.
I discovered Kerrie at The Daily Headache via Chronic Babe, my resource for figuring out all things related to chronic illness and pain. Kerrie is adept at combining personal experience with great information and research about headaches, all without sounding whiny. Tough to do.

And last but not least, I give you Susan - actor, lutheran, and writer of Gray Matter, among other things. She is one witty lady with a lot to say.

Okay, that's five.
Go forth ladies and tag, when you get a chance. (These are busy folks!) And thanks for making my days a little more informed, a little brighter.
*****
Here are the rules:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.



Technorati tags:

Comments

Amy said…
Thank you! It means so much to me when my peers single me out for praise. I'm so thankful for each and every reader and comment.

Thanks again!
Anonymous said…
Congrats! I enjoy the blog but am too lazy to do my own. Plus I don't have the wit to write. I'll just stick to serial commenting.

-Stu
Anonymous said…
Oh, you are so quick! I can't wait to read who you picked.
Thanks, Lisa! You are certainly a "real blogger" in every regard and I treasure your wit and insight.
Thank you, lovely people, for your kind words.

The check is in the mail.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the mention! Sorry you're a headache sufferer too.

Kerrie

Popular Posts