goody, goody gumdrops

He was still sick, but no longer down for the count. And bored. So I introduced some gumdrops, marshmallows and toothpicks, and voila! Instant entertainment.
I printed up some scientific stuff to go with it, because if I learned one thing on my kajillion field trips this year, it is to take advantage of teachable moments. Lexi couldn't resist eating joining the fun and they made lots of structures.

LOTS of structures.

We could house a village, a city of Weebles, although it might be drafty.

But it kept their hands busy while I drew up plans for a Mighty Busy, March Madness, Birthday Goodness Week.

(Typing all those capitals just wiped me out. I'm off to the races and running. If you don't hear from me soon, please send in re-enforcements and perhaps, chocolate.)

Comments

lapoflux said…
Never fear, if we don't hear back soon I'll send chocolate!

Love the structures - very creative!
Erika said…
YOU ARE BRILLIANT! NExt tuesday, spring break, will be GUMDROP DAY! This will keep them busy for HOURS.... oh my word, you are BRILLIANT!

Ok give me your shopping list - where does one find gumdrops? ARe those in the candy aisle???

Seriously - i see your 3stories high buildings, and we will match & send pictures :)

you in for Wednesday or postpone?
Mary Alice said…
Oh wow...I wish I had thought of that years ago with sick little ones.
Cool.

Have you seen this gumdrop greenhouse gases modeling thing from NASA?

http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/en/kids/tes/gumdrops/
Christi said…
Yes...I needed a fresh, simple idea for tomorrow. It'll be fun to show my boys your pictures.
Tricia said…
What a fabulous idea!
Wow! Those are some pretty impressive creations! And your cleverness? Unparalleled.
Shana said…
I love your spring look on the blog.

What a great idea. See? I need an 1/8th of that kind of creativity to avoid the I'm boreds around here.
brandy101 said…
perhaps there is a budding civil engineer or two in your household!
stephanie said…
I pick the smartest, most fun friends. With the coolest, most brilliant kids.
Lia Hollander said…
very cool, my dear. I need to remember this for the next time I am sick.

Popular Posts