the road to December is paved with good intentions

The prophetess Sheryl Crow speaks to me in my car. Before you meter out the measure of mockery such a silly sentence brings, hear me out.

She might be on to something when she says: It's not having what you want, it's wanting whatcha got.

It may not be said eloquently, but this embracing what we have seems to be the secret to contentment.

(I wrote 'contempt' while telling the startled dog to stop barking. That may be another post.)


Still I find myself irritable all week, loving most bits of my hectic schedule but frantic that I can't get to other things I want: writing, reading, making jewelry, having tea with friends.

I'm reassessing my expectations and taking a long look at how to bring balance back into my world. Today, I feel calm, and able.

I let you know how long that lasts.

cool balancing rocks courtesy of Google images

Comments

Jenny O said…
What's all this about jewelry making?
Well if I wasn't keeping myself too busy for my own good, I'd like to make more charms and beads - clay and metals and glass stuff - like I have before.

I made some fun sushi necklaces at Christmas and I'm determined to make more. Next week. :]
Mrs. G. said…
I hope it lasts a while!

I love the new look of your blog.
Christine said…
I began a journey 2 years ago to end the hectic quality of my life. There are still seasons that are hectic. I still do the things I love the MOST. But I am no longer running from one thing to the next giving each thing just a small bit. I have the time to truly focus on and revel in what I most love without taking any of my focus, reveling, and love away from those who need/want it the most: the family.

It took a long time, a lot of grieving of things I loved being part of but were not in the "most loved" category, and I still struggle to maintain the balance. But overall there is much greater peace.

I pray sincerely that you find what you are searching for.

Popular Posts