I've plied him into drinking some kombucha, where few others will tread; he loves magic socks.
And now? He's running around, moonwalking and singing and chasing the dogs.
Here's another little something something we brew up when we are under the weather, plucked right out Nourishing Traditions. Easy and soothing and good on a sore throat.
Coconut Chicken Soup
- 1 quart chicken stock (I used homemade bone broth; you could use canned, if you don’t have any fresh stock)
- 1.5 cups of coconut milk or 7 ounces creamed coconut
- 1/4 teaspoons chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt
- 3 scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Bring stock to a boil, and skim any foam that rises to the top.
2. Add coconut milk or creamed coconut, lemon juice, chile flakes and ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and garnish with cilantro.