2nd Story

6:23 am.

My fantasy, sleeping in - sleeping in until 7 - dashed.

Fourteen pounds of brawn between me and my unidentified offspring, creeping into bed with me. Fourteen pounds of puppy dog, making up for all the months she played mute, Jo-Jo the shirker not doing her part.

****
5:07 pm.

We arrived at our designated depot, birthday girl in hot boots in tow. We laughed through dinner and drinks before taking our shifts at the Bagdad, while Jen saved our seats and 2nd Story took the stage.

Five storytellers took the stage and took us on an adventure: Near tears, and howling with laughter. Five ladies, out on the town, celebrating 39 years and waiting on the good that is surely on its way.

Comments

Good always follows hot boots.
Karen Jensen said…
It sounds like a good day.
brandy101 said…
wish I could click *like* for this entry :)
Suzanne said…
Lots of good to come, for sure.
Nora said…
Sounds perfect!
Stu said…
I'm glad you got to go and it was fun. Our Birthday Girl needs some good times. She was rockin' those boots too.

-Stu

Popular Posts