Coming up short

While the kids play zookeeper and a rousing game of Sorry, I turn to my computer and read blogs that make me feel so inadequate, I am tempted to shut down both my sites and find another hobby. Or clean my house.

(Notice I haven't moved from my chair. You're stuck with me.)

So along comes Jan Carson, throwing her hat into the ring. She hasn't embraced blogging, but she was searching for a way to publish her short stories and be read and heard and gave in to the dark side.

I read this story yesterday and I was bowled over. I couldn't help but feel a wee bit jealous, all this talent rolled up into one girl. Oh and did I mention her Irish accent? Yes, I am Ms. Envy-pants but will pray about it because she also teaches my kids at church and Jesus is against the whole coveting thing. I can't risk smite from above right yet. Greg is still on a trip.

So while I bow my head, make sure you head to I am your special friend. Visit often. 'She is not terrific, but she is competent.'

Comments

Suzanne said…
Delurking to say "Please rethink shutting down your blog". (Yeah, I know you weren't being serious, I'm just saying...)I find it very funny. I have to tell you that "All Skate, Reverse Direction" is currently my favorite post title of all time!
Suz the delurker~
Thank you so much for the kind words. I will carry on, a little braver now.

Hope you have a great 4th.
Anonymous said…
Don't stop! I think the same thing about my blog most days, but enjoy it so much that I keep going. I really enjoy my mama milton reads!

Popular Posts