Bad Mom Rising

It appears I have met both summer and Greg's absence (Mr. Traveling Man) with manic flair. There hasn't been lounging about - we have been busy. Swimming, hiking, seeing friends we miss throughout the winter. Holding babies. Seeing movies.

I don't want to miss anything. The blue skies and a flexible schedule bring out the crazy in me. My self-diagnosed case of ADD takes off. And by mid-July I start worrying if I can fit it all in; by mid-July I start to sputter and beg for some down time.

My cup is full and I am ready to watch some mindless TV, stick my nose in a book. Catch up on my favorite blogs.

It is raining.

I think it's a sign to stay inside and slow down, take a breather.

Comments

Suzanne said…
I am with you! I started the summer with a bang and now I'm kinda burnt out. It finally rained a little yesterday, which is my sign to curl up in bed and read and watch stupid daytime TV. A day like that once in a while is perfectly okay...
Scribbit said…
I always have summers where I can go for day without having to get into the car and I love it, for some reason this summer I haven't had ONE DAY that I haven't been behind the wheel. I thought today would be the day but no, I had to get the boys to camp this morning and then Grace needed something at the store and so it starts.

Popular Posts