another Sunday

I'm in the kitchen, boiling water, when I notice my son has abandoned the NFL game again, throwing a football around the backyard, undoubtedly re-enacting the day's plays.

I don't mind that he's peeled himself away from the couch; I wish he'd kindly take pity on my electric bill and turn the TV off when he grows restless. Besides: Ethan Hawke is reading Slaughterhouse-Five to me, while I pull raviolis from the fridge, saute scallops.

Ethan doesn't like competing with the fine men of ESPN, well-dressed in their tailored suits, suits designed for men with wide shoulders and early arthritis.

I turn off the TV as my boy bounds through the door, puzzled and sweaty.

'Why'd you turn off my show/game/Football prophet?'

I shake my head and go back to making dinner. My story of war and Dresden awaits; Uma's ex bides his time patiently.

I hit play.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at mamamilton.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Charlie
Christine said…
I think it's epic, too. (I think that's a good thing...this old codger isn't sure.)

Popular Posts