post

That thud overhead? Don't be alarmed. I'm pretty sure it is the boys - Zack and his cousin, Austin - playing in my room and I am pretty sure because if not, I have to entertain notions about vampires playing baseball upstairs or, Scary Thought #2: there's an intruder. I pick little rambunctious boys for the win, but I am unwilling to verify said theory because that would require rising up out of this chair.

And the chair is a nice place to be.

The sun is shining through my window and the mutts are huddled together, snoozing the first of many snoozes today.

If I had a cup of tea, I could probably justify staying here all day.

Yet remarkably, no one is buying this nonsense. I need to take the tree down, and plod my way forward; no more milking 'I'm sore from yoga' today.

And it feels good - this calm - on the last week of the year, counting down to something juicy and sweet, around the corner.

Tired, and hopeful, Monday just might be my favorite after all.

Comments

Karen Jensen said…
That sounds like a good way to start the day. And I'm sure that thud is the boys.
stephanie said…
If only you had a foot in a cast, you really could sit on the couch with tea all day. :D

Honestly, I'd rather be cleaning up my house...

Have fun with whatever you choose, friend. See you later!
Jodi Anderson said…
Perhaps if I go and press a cup of coffee, I can justify sitting in the corner of the sofa a little longer, but ... I guess I'll go fold laundry instead.

It is a lovely day though ... home, not going out, lots of food from the oven.

Have a great week. <3
I'm having a pretty good Monday myself -- homemade gumbo on the stove and Aggies playing on the tube. Life is looking up!
Christine said…
Love your new look here...it is very you. Pleasing to look at.

Popular Posts