www.flickr.com

Monday, December 28, 2009

post

That thud overhead? Don't be alarmed. I'm pretty sure it is the boys - Zack and his cousin, Austin - playing in my room and I am pretty sure because if not, I have to entertain notions about vampires playing baseball upstairs or, Scary Thought #2: there's an intruder. I pick little rambunctious boys for the win, but I am unwilling to verify said theory because that would require rising up out of this chair.

And the chair is a nice place to be.

The sun is shining through my window and the mutts are huddled together, snoozing the first of many snoozes today.

If I had a cup of tea, I could probably justify staying here all day.

Yet remarkably, no one is buying this nonsense. I need to take the tree down, and plod my way forward; no more milking 'I'm sore from yoga' today.

And it feels good - this calm - on the last week of the year, counting down to something juicy and sweet, around the corner.

Tired, and hopeful, Monday just might be my favorite after all.

5 comments:

Professor J said...

That sounds like a good way to start the day. And I'm sure that thud is the boys.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

If only you had a foot in a cast, you really could sit on the couch with tea all day. :D

Honestly, I'd rather be cleaning up my house...

Have fun with whatever you choose, friend. See you later!

Jodi Anderson said...

Perhaps if I go and press a cup of coffee, I can justify sitting in the corner of the sofa a little longer, but ... I guess I'll go fold laundry instead.

It is a lovely day though ... home, not going out, lots of food from the oven.

Have a great week. <3

phd in yogurtry said...

I'm having a pretty good Monday myself -- homemade gumbo on the stove and Aggies playing on the tube. Life is looking up!

Christine said...

Love your new look here...it is very you. Pleasing to look at.