jim-bob

jimbob.JPG

They used to line the door; this last name tag - nicknames given each week at preschool storytime - remains.

I've got a soft spot for Jim-Bob. I can't bring myself to take it down.

I look at it and I picture Zack perched at the front of a gaggle of 3 and 4 year olds, so healthy, so happy, waiting for the librarian to christen him with a new, silly name.

Storytime was the spark. Those days crammed in the little library gave me hope. He was outrunning the delays that had left him behind.

I will miss seeing this little tag when I move.

(The obedient, the quiet - all apologies - can be found over here.)

Comments

brandy101 said…
save it in picture form, someday put in an album or journal...or even take it and paste it into your journal...

Moving sucks...packing sucks more, though.
flutter said…
oh this is so sweet
Jennifer S said…
There's so much more to pack away than we imagine. This was very touching.
Mrs. G. said…
It's here to stay now.
Daisy said…
Keep 'em all. Pack them in an album and keep 'em all!
katydidnot said…
cheri has a point. or just leave it.
stephanie said…
I had a total crush on Ryan because of his delightful way of dealing with the kids. And because he's cute, of course.

It might be cool to stash it somewhere for the new occupants to find it & wonder someday. You could write your blog address on the back...

Popular Posts