Happy birthday, Mom!


Ammy's birthday
Originally uploaded by mama.milton.
Yes, amidst the holiday hustle and bustle, today is my Mom's birthday. It's not hailed as the best day to have a birthday, or a party for that matter, yet she would say that she doesn't know anything different. When Lori and I were little girls, she spent her birthdays staying up late sewing doll clothes for us, baking and assembling toys. We have celebrated in restaurants where the staff is itching to go home and vacuumed during the meal. We've seen Santa. I think the only thing I have yet to see is my Mom complain. She is the best.

We had a little party, with a poinsettia-free cake, at my Grandma's house last night. My Dad took her to breakfast this morning. Undoubtedly, she is getting ready for tomorrow the rest of the day.

So, happy birthday Mom. We love you.

Have as peaceful a birthday as you can.

Love, Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts