Packrat

I am playing hermit this week; I haven't held a single newborn or shared a cup of joe with anyone. Nope. I have deemed this week the one where I clean out cabinets and find the floor in our 'computer' room (where clutter goes to rest). It is now Thursday and I have to admit that my house looks worse. There are stacks of papers, miscellaneous misplaced Christmas ornaments and craft supplies, all looking to find a home. I want to put it all back and go on pretending that my life is in order, but the boxes in my garage won't let me. So, I am buried in old letters, baby shoes and books - making tough decisions and making room for a little peace of mind.

How do you deal with clutter? Are there any fellow packrats out there?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beyond packrat. More like packorca or packelephant. The clutter threatens to eat us all alive. Half of it is art projects by the girls, so what can be done? My husband won't throw out any of it, and when I do, I get the wounded look. BUT IT IS SWALLOWING US. All suggestions welcome...
stephanie said…
Um, no, I have no idea what you're talking about...

I have become more ruthless through the years, though I still have a trunk-full of random notes and paraphenalia I cannot let go. My theory is if I can contain it in some sort of decorative box or chest, it's cool. Or if it fits under a bed. Or a cubby in the shed.

Good luck.
Anonymous said…
Q: Are there any fellow packrats out there? A: Yes, I am too. Q: How do you deal with clutter? A: You are doing a GREAT JOB!

Popular Posts