Oh, the places you will go. Or not.

I woke up with vigor,
There was a spring in my step
I cleaned and I packed and I was full of pep.

I walked with the classes,
I marched in a line.
I watched Suessical twice,
my kids thought I was mighty fine.

The songs, they did linger
As I drove out of town.
My retreat was a bust,
my fatigue, now renown.

That stupid infection,
stuck around, you can see
And this Who-sit from Whoville
Napped from morning 'til three.

So, my whining continues
Oh, the Places I would go
If I could get better, better, better
I'm ready to dump this damn* woe.

*I think the doctor would cuss too if he was this dull and sickly.

Comments

Feel better soooooon! Three weeks plus is a long time to feel bad.
Stu said…
It was nice to see the whole clan when you were out for your ride.

-Stu
Stu: I'm loving the bike thing. I think naps + being in the sun helps a lot.
JCK said…
OH, Lisa, I hope you feel better soon. You've really gone above and beyond the call with this virus thing. But, impressive that you can still rhyme so cleverly. :)
katydidnot said…
feel better. like, nowish, if possible.
Madge said…
hope you feel better soon. you are a trooper for going on a field trip (i'm assuming it was a field trip) when not feeling well.
Karen Jensen said…
I am sending healing thoughts your way.

Popular Posts