40 looks good on you

Stephanie celebrated her 40th birthday last Saturday. I was properly post-flu, sinus infection medicated and ready to take on Portland, after she made a wish.

birthday wishes
We met up at one of those signless, swanky bars that this suburban mom is hardly privy to anymore.
i love the mirrors
That's Stephanie's sister, Michelle and our friend Sam, from PTA. She's a hoot and a half.
swanky bar, weird shot
I brought my new itty bitty camera, but I haven't mastered the settings, making every shot look a little under the influence.
sam & stephanie
We then strolled over to the Darcelle XV Showplace for their 10:30 show. My picture does not do the show justice.
moulin rouge
And if Saturday night was any indicator, 20 x 2 is looking good on you, Bad Mom.

Comments

Shana said…
Looks like a good time : )
Shonda Little said…
I think you are swanky enough for signless bars.
Bee said…
Now that is too much fun. Everyone needs that now and then.

I went to Darcelle's once in the 80s...shows you how long s/he's been in biz. Crazy!
JCK said…
Oh, YES it DOES look good on her. And you girls look very naughty, naughty. BAH on excuses of camera lighting, etc., etc. Naughty. Naughty. That's all I have to say.
oliver rain said…
You girls know how to celebrate. I definitely need to meet up with you all one day.
Anonymous said…
You look so serious in that one shot. I am glad you could go with Stephanie. You are welcome to take her out any time you need.

-Stu
holly said…
i really really really think she's lyin' about her age. i refuse to believe 40. though, why you'd say it if it weren't true i haven't come up with a reason for, but let me sleep on it. i'm sure it's there somewhere.
Oh yeah, fun DOES look good onher!
stephanie said…
It was one fantastic evening - thank you for sharing! And for the decidedly seedy-looking pics :D Next time, the lesbian bar! Did I say that out loud?
~Swankymama said…
What a great time!! I've never been to a "signless" bar. Hmmmmm...

Great pictures!

Popular Posts