packing and wolves and memes

Three days have passed and what have I been up to? Racing around Oaks Park with Lexi's Girl Scout troop - they deserve their own post, somedaaayyyy - and supervising my hubby high on Stu's ladder, as he paints and doing home improvements with my parents all in preparation for the big Move.

[And writing run-on sentences.]

While my kids and blogs live in semi-neglect, Ms. Bad Mom has given me an out today. A meme! A timely meme! Thank heavens.

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I selected A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs. It's what I'm reading before I pass out each night. (I love the cover; I wish my computer woes were over and blogger would let me put it on this post, but the Internet Grudge continues.) It is proving to be my least favorite of his books. Something is missing. The following passage is when his Mom, the crazy one from Running with Scissors, drags a used dollhouse home for her son.

Here we go:

My mother said, "Her girls are grown now, it was just sitting in the
garage like trash. It seemed like a shame."

She clutched her car keys and walked inside.

My father said, "Oh boy, it's hot out here," and walked inside, too.

Do you need a little blog inspiration? Please join the fun. It's an all play.

Comments

katydidnot said…
she tagged me at exactly the right moment too.
JCK said…
I got tagged for this last week and it also came at perfect timing! ;)

Popular Posts