the good, the bad and let's not talk about the ugly
- Good: The kids are at The Super Fun Camp all day, all week. I CAN DO ANYTHING in their absence.
- Bad: I am not doing much; loafing. Well, being domestic and loafing. And The Super Fun Camp all day, all week is not overnight which has brought on an unexpected tearfest from the little people I claim as my own. I better start saving my pennies now for The Super Fun Sleep in a TeePee camp now.
- Good: My kids are becoming quite accomplished swimmers; they make this landlocked mama so proud.
- Bad: We are finishing up 4 weeks of evening lessons tonight. I'm ready for dinners, not on the run.
- Good: I have spent countless hours with both of my kids, my friends, my friends's kids and surfed numerous VBSs, just the way I love to spend these long summer days.
- Bad: My Google Reader IM'd me today, and is threatening to break up with me. I think it's in cahoots with my neglected blog.
- Good: I am becoming a certified Zumba instructor this Saturday. Me. A fitness instructor. This boggles my mind even as I look at myself in the mirror, at the body that isn't quite there yet, and still I can't see waiting until I "arrive". I love love love the music, and the people and somehow chasing this down mid-way on the fitness journey seems like a great example to my daughter, now that we are starting to have more body image talks.
- Bad: I am having an untimely neuropathy flare-up, creating severe burning pain in my feet. I am putting on my brave face, and hoping I can dance my way through it. The pain will pass. Also: The lovely trainer has a visible sixpack. This is not bad in itself but somehow it leaves me slightly more neurotically nervous.