We *heart* Peter Parker

We did our part as Americans, as uber-nerds, and went to see Spider-man 3 yesterday. I didn't know how we could avoid it; we were being driven by a comic-obsessed 6 year-old boy. The PG-13 rating had me nervous - it brings my mothering skills into question - but I played permissive parent and went for it.

No nightmares. They loved it.

And I'll be honest: I love this franchise. LOVE IT. I can't turn away from the themes. Doing the right thing. Making sacrifices. Forgiveness. I am a sucker for this stuff.

Sure there was some awkward moments in the film. I don't like my Peter Parker going goth on me. His Disco Stu phase pained me. But nothing I couldn't overlook; it was a great ride.

*****

My good mood continues over MTMS: On being happy.

Technorati tags:

Comments

Scribbit said…
Too true. Loved the movie, not the eyeliner.
Darlene Schacht said…
I saw it twice and it was great! :)
First I took my teenager right after school on Friday, but then the other kids were crushed out, so we all went again on Saturday. Now we are broke, but satisfied. lol

Welcome to the CWO blogring/blogroll. I just put you through.

Popular Posts