Bad attitude

I woke up grumpy and prone to tantrums. It was a rock throwing morning, as in I would like to cruise the unsuspecting neighborhood and launch rocks at things. Houses maybe. There was no justifiable reason for being so foul; knowing that did not help.

Perhaps it was because Lexi lied about her homework last night. Perhaps it was because Zack continued to talk loud, even after I reminded him I had yet another migraine. Maybe it was the migraine. Maybe Greg has been traveling too much.

I'm sure it was all of those things. But I have managed to smile, quite sweetly, during rougher times, so go figure.

I had to get a filling fixed this afternoon. I drove my poopy-pants down there, scowling. The hygienist was cheerful (she did know about the stones in my pocket) and she got straight to work. I sat in my sexy dentist glasses, growing numb, sitting still.

It didn't take long for me to tell myself to knock it off. Because really. This mood, it serves no purpose. It is dumb. By the time there was four hands digging around in my one mouth, the absurdity took over, and I started to laugh. And drool.

I am still a little stressed out and tired, but nothing a good glass of wine or bath can't fix. Or in a pinch, a filling.

I never said I was sound.

Technorati tags:

Comments

Anonymous said…
First time I've ever read anyway whose turning point in life is in the Dentist chair.

Go You.
Anonymous said…
I came for a visit from the "This Blog Blows My Dress Up" contest, and I'm enjoyin' yer blog! AND my 9yos told me a lie yesterday, AND my darling had a fillin' today. ACK! Must be one of those days, huh? (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Anonymous said…
Lisa, I'm sure Stephanie would love to share a glass of wine with you when you need one. If Greg is out of town, drop off the kids at our place.

-Stu

Popular Posts